Monday 6 January 2014

A new beginning

It's been a long while, and so much has changed, since I last blogged. So I was thinking that perhaps this new year calls for a fresh start, to start blogging again with a newfound perspective on life and new experiences I know I'd be going through this year.

So for a start, why coffee and crafts? 

They are both things I love and enjoy. I can say that even though my knowledge of coffee might be limited, I do know how to appreciate a good cuppa here and there. I've also always wanted to do a barista course but never found the opportunity to do so, as of yet. As for the craft side, I am a self-proclaim hoarder and addict when it comes to buying anything related to craft. Put me in a craft shop and I would just spend hours in there, not only grabbing anything that appeals to me, but also running craft ideas through my head and contemplating whether certain items are worth the purchase. I can safely say that more than half of the craft items I have bought over the years are still either brand new or is stored away in my craft box or bag at home, waiting for the opportune moment to arise and be used. It also does not help that my generous friends are so kind enough to feed me with my addiction by gifting me with various craft merchandise as well. 

Another question I asked myself was: what is the purpose of this space?

I guess just like my old blog, I really wanted a space to record down what I've been up to in life, be it in words or photographs. Having taken probably a three-year hiatus from my previous blog, I really missed recording down events that have taken place in my life in a virtual platform in the form of a blog. I regretted not doing so for my university life, which was an incredible journey by the way, and I guess I only have photographs on Facebook as memories to get by. 

I know having the word 'coffee' in the blog address might seem like I'd be doing some cafe hoppings or something related to coffee, but no. Unfortunately, in the long run at least, I would not have the leisure of time to do cafe hoppings around Singapore because of my future work life. Working hours would be irregular and sleeping time would be precious. You get the point. But for now, you might just see some short reviews on places I will visit in the months to come because I am currently on a month's break and will be working in a foreign land for six months starting this February. 

I really hope I do not disappoint on this, but I'm thinking of dedicating a portion of this blog to share DIY craft projects I might have for birthdays or gifts for celebratory occasions like Valentine's day, Christmas and so on. I know it will be difficult for me to find the time to do these side projects due to work, but hopefully there will be some energy left in me to carry out craft projects despite the long hours at work :)

Okay, this seems like a promising short introduction to a new blog. So here's to new beginnings in the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment