Tuesday 11 March 2014

First month in NYC!


So it has officially been a month and a week since I arrived here in New York and exactly a month since I started work. I know I haven't been posting a lot lately because work really has been so draining and on my days off, I just wanna laze around in bed, stay at home and not do anything.

The weather is still very temperamental, having its ups and downs. Apparently it might snow again this Thursday. WHEN IS WINTER EVER GOING TO END???

I started bringing my Totoro toy around since 2012 on its first trip overseas to California. I have an album titled 'Totoro Adventures' on my desktop, with photos of it posing at different places in a foreign land. I have yet to post them on Facebook or any platform all these years. Procrastination at its best. Anyway the photo above was taken at Madison Square, a minute away from my work place.

I probably got slightly homesick about a week ago, but things got better when Duane finally arrived last week! He started work today and both our schedules clashes, so much so that the only time I'd see him would be when I wake up for work at 330am in the morning. Yes, 330am. I recently got shifted to work in the morning team and we clock in at 530am. Even though we do end in the late afternoon and at least have an adequate social life, waking up is definitely the hardest part when in the morning team.

I have been scolded a few times by my chefs for making mistakes and not making things perfect, but it's only the first month and I've got so much to learn and give. I'm definitely pushing myself and trying my hardest not to disappoint them. It's so strange how I ended up at a place I never saw myself to be at.

No comments:

Post a Comment