Saturday 14 June 2014

Out and About

View of Lower Manhattan from Pier 5
It's been a crazy ride here in New York, and my time is almost up. So much for using this space to post about my experience in the Big Apple on a weekly basis or so.

My lack of updates definitely is due to the procrastinator in me, as well as being so drained from work that I just wanna laze around on my days off (besides doing laundry).

Work at EMP has been a roller coaster ride for me, with so many ups and downs. I found myself struggling a lot when I first started working in the morning production team, time management being the issue most of the time. I'm glad to say that I have finally gotten up to speed and it took me so much longer than usual, compared to my past experiences at various work places. There is definitely a lot for me to learn at EMP, but unfortunately I only have a month left there. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad, given that the working environment there is very intense and stressful. But I'm glad that I put myself through this, somewhere I never saw myself to be, because I know I will come out of here being a better cook, a better chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment