Friday 21 February 2014

d'Good Cafe


Met up with Shannen at d'Good Cafe at Holland Village for lunch a few days before I left for New York. The first time I visited the cafe was to just chill with an iced latte while reading a magazine. I reached there quite early this time round, so I tried their hot latte while waiting for Shannen to reach.

Poor girl was in crutches and the lift door to the cafe was jammed so she was trapped for a good 5 minutes or so with other people inside ><

One thing to point out is their ordering system. You order at the counter and they'll give you a buzzer. Once it buzzes, you collect your food and/or drinks. It can be quite a hassle sometimes, because the cafe has two levels and those sitting on the higher level would have to walk up and down, back and forth, just to get their food or drinks. Alternatively, you could use their lift if you're lazy, but obviously it can malfunction at times. 



Cute decor around the order counter!




Both of us ordered a main with a drink each.

Café latté ($5.60)
Earl-Lavender Tea Latté ($7, I think?)
Steak and Cheese Pie ($10.50)
Baked Chicken Pesto ($14)
I love their coffee and tea here! There's a pretty decent variety of coffee beans and they offer a custom blend of your choice, but at a pricey cost of $12.



Other than their beverages, the food served here is average, or even below average. I didn't get to try Shannen's steak pie, but I definitely would not order the Baked Chicken Pesto again. It was disappointing, because I was expecting at the very least a golden crusted baked chicken, and not some under-seasoned and what appears to be boiled chicken. Not saying that it was boiled and not baked. The appearance just doesn't match the name of the dish.


I've heard that the cakes here are pretty good, but I didn't get a chance to try them because we were too full at the end of our meal. I know they've got some signature cakes, so hopefully I'll pop by one day to try some of them. 

But if you're into a place to sit down, chill, have a cuppa and read a book or something, d'Good Cafe is a good option to keep in mind. The seating area is rather spaced out and the noise level is moderate, so it's also a good place to catch up with old friends and not be interrupted with other people's chatter.


d'Good Cafe
273 Holland Avenue, #02-01/02, Singapore 278992
Tel: 62199807

No comments:

Post a Comment