Wednesday 12 February 2014

First day jitters


It's been a week since I landed here in New York. Winter has been kind so far because it's into the last few weeks. It's cold, but I managed to capture a glimpse of it snowing here last Sunday night. I've met up with two friends for dinner since I've been here, went to Redeemer Presbyterian Church and joined a friend for her meeting with her community group. I've walked around places in Brooklyn/Manhattan and still sometimes getting lost. I've cooked a little, albeit simple meals, but it's alright. 

Tomato linguine with an overeasy

French toast with garlic mushrooms and sunny side up
Yesterday was a rough day, but I finally could process my application for my social security card and will hopefully receive it in the mail in two weeks.

I hope I'm well rested enough, because today will be a long first day. I still do get the jitters when I work at somewhere new for the first time, and this time definitely is not an exception. It still feels very surreal, feeling so many emotions at the same time. But I pray that God will be with me every single step that I take.

I've still got so many things to post about, but that will have to wait till next time. So till then, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment